Claire Beecroft BA (Hons), DPS (Loughborough University), MA, PG Cert (University of Sheffield), MCLIP, FHEA
Information Resources Group, HEDS, ScHARR
The University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 0701
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
I joined the School of Health and Related Research in 2003 as an Information Officer for Research Support, chiefly provding to support to NHS Researchers via the former Trent Institue and Trent RDSU. In January 2010 I became a University Teacher/Information Specialist and currently teach on a variety of courses within ScHARR and the wider university including the MPH and MSc in Health Informatics. My teaching covers a wide range of informatics-related topics including literature searching, critical appraisal and e-Health. I am currently the acting Course Director for the MSc International Health Technology Assessment, Pricing and Reimbursement.
My key research interests are around e-learning, e-Health, applications of web2.0 to healthcare, teaching of health informatics and information skills, and support for NHS Librarians and staff to develop key informatics skills.
My main teaching interests are around literature searching and evidence retrieval, critical appraisal, e-Health, telemedicine, media portrayal of health research and health economics, and information study skills. My teaching covers a wide range of courses including:
- MSc International Health Technology Assessment, Pricing and Reimbursement
- Masters in Public Health (ScHARR)
- MSc Health Informatics (ScHARR/Information School)
- Information Resesources Information Study Skills Programme- IRISS (ScHARR)
- MB ChB (School of Medicine)
- DClinPsych (Department of Psychology)
My teaching ranges from module co-ordination for the MSc Health Informatics and development of Masterclass ILAs for the MB ChB to the contribution of individual sessions for modules including Public Health Informatics, Systematic Reviews and Research Methods. My teaching is delivered via a variety of e-learning formats including 'virtual lectures', screen-casts, and pod-casts, plus traditional seminars and lectures.
Claire Beecroft is based in Health Economics and Decision Science (HEDS)
- Tattersall A, Beecroft C & Freeman J (2013) Learn something new in 20 minutes: Bite Size sessions to support research and teaching.. Health Info Libr J, 30(3), 253-258. View this article in WRRO
- Tattersall A, Beecroft CA & Cantrell A (2011) Using Web 2.0 Tools to Create Customized Research Portals. Journal of Electronic Resources in Medical Libraries, 4(8), 367-381.
- Boote J, Baird W & Beecroft C (2010) Public involvement at the design stage of primary health research: A narrative review of case examples. HEALTH POLICY, 95(1), 10-23.
- Booth A & Beecroft C (2010) The SPECTRAL project: a training needs analysis for providers of clinical question answering services.. Health Info Libr J, 27(3), 198-207.
- Beecroft C, Booth A, Otter ME, Keen C & Lynch C (2009) Supporting 'Best Research for Best Health' with best information.. Health Info Libr J, 26(4), 307-315.
- Emly M & Ryan C (2001) Adding value to student learning: integrating the hybrid library into the virtual learning environment. New Review of Information Networking, 7, 225-235.
- Beecroft CA (2016) Appmetrics - Improving impact on the go In Tattersall A (Ed.), Altmetrics: A practical guide for librarians, researchers and academics London: Facet.
- Beecroft CA, Booth A & Rees A (2010) Finding the Evidence In Gerrish K & Lacey A (Ed.), The Research Process in Nursing (pp. 65-78). Wiley-Blackwell
- Blackmore C, Beecroft C, Parry G, Booth A, Tantam D, Chambers E, Simpson E, Roberts E & Saxon D (2009) A Systematic Review of the Efficacy and Clinical Effectiveness of Group Analysis and Analytic/Dynamic Group Psychotherapy