The University is pleased to offer a range of scholarships to students from Taiwan who show exceptional academic potential and are starting their studies at the University of Sheffield in September 2014.
Undergraduate Scholarships eg BA, BSc, BEng, MEng
Faculty Undergraduate Scholarships
We are pleased to offer scholarships to all international students commencing their studies in the Faculties of Engineering, Science and the School of Law in September 2014:
Postgraduate Scholarships eg MA, MSc
The University offers a range of scholarships for Taiwanese students of high academic standing commencing a postgraduate Taught Masters programme at the University of Sheffield in September 2014.
Taiwan Sheffield Postgraduate Scholarships 2014
We are pleased to offer the Taiwan Sheffield Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 to all students from Taiwan commencing a Taught Masters programme in the Faculties of Engineering, Pure Science and the School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences in September 2014.
The scholarships are:
- £1,000 for each student studying Nanotechnology courses run jointly with the University of Leeds or the MSc in Global Marketing Management course run jointly with Hong Kong Baptist University
- £1,500 for each student paying fees between £13,390 - £15,410
- £2,000 for each student paying fees £15,411 and upwards
Eligibility and award criteria:
- You must hold an offer of a study place and begin your post graduate Taught Masters programme in the Faculties of Engineering, Pure Science and the School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences in September 2014.
- You must be an Taiwanese national or permanently domiciled in Taiwan.
- You must be self-funding and classified as overseas for fee purposes.
- The scholarships will be awarded automatically - no application is required.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying via Distance Learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Only one of the Taiwan Sheffield Postgraduate Scholarships above can be issued to a single student.
Taiwan Merit Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 (£7,000)
There is one Taiwan Merit Postgraduate Scholarship 2014, available for Taiwanese students starting their postgraduate taught masters programme in September 2014.
The scholarship is worth £7,000 of your postgraduate taught masters degree tuition fee per year, for one year of study. The scholarship will take the form of a tuition fee reduction.
To be eligible for the Taiwan Merit Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 (£7,000), applicants must be self-funding and classed as 'Overseas' for fee purposes AND a Taiwanese national or permanently domiciled in Taiwan, apply for a study place by Friday 20 June 2014 and hold an offer of a study place for entry in September 2014. The deadline for applications is Friday 27 June 2014 and results will be announced by Friday 25 July 2014.
The Taiwan Merit Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 (£7,000) is awarded on the basis of academic merit.
If you wish to be considered for this scholarship you need to apply. Eligible students will automatically be sent details of how to apply from January 2014 onwards.
Applicants cannot apply for the scholarship before being offered a study place at Sheffield.
For full Terms and Conditions, please visit: www.sheffield.ac.uk/international/applicant/internationalscholarship/pgacademicterms
Management School - Master and MBA scholarships 2014
The Management School is pleased to offer a range of Masters and MBA scholarships to students who show exceptional academic potential and are starting their studies at the University of Sheffield in September 2014. For more information and how to apply, please see the Department web pages.
University of Sheffield and UKEAS Taiwan Joint Scholarship 2014
The University of Sheffield and UKEAS Taiwan are delighted to offer a joint scholarship exclusively for students from Taiwan.
This scholarship is worth £2000 towards the cost of tuition fees, for one year of study. The scholarship will take the form of a tuition fee reduction.
Please see the following link for more information:
Postgraduate research degrees eg PhD, MPhil
The University of Sheffield does not offer research studentships or funding specifically for Taiwanese students. There are, however, studentships and funding for which all international students can apply:
Other Sheffield Scholarships
The British Council in Taiwan can also provide information on the scholarship and funding bodies in Taiwan which support students for UK-based study.
The link below will open in a new window.
There are a number of external organisations that offer scholarships and funding to international students who wish to study in the UK.