Scholarships for students from Taiwan
The University is pleased to offer a range of scholarships to students from Taiwan who show exceptional academic potential and are starting their studies at the University of Sheffield in September 2015.
Undergraduate Scholarships eg BA, BSc, BEng, MEng
Faculty Undergraduate Scholarships 2015
We are pleased to offer scholarships to all international students commencing their studies in the Faculties of Engineering, Science, Arts and the School of Law in September 2015:
Postgraduate Scholarships eg MA, MSc
The University offers a range of scholarships for Taiwanese students of high academic standing commencing a postgraduate Taught Masters programme at the University of Sheffield in September 2015.
Taiwan Sheffield Postgraduate Scholarships 2015
We are pleased to offer the Taiwan Sheffield Postgraduate Scholarship 2015 to all students from Taiwan commencing a Taught Masters programme in the Faculties of Engineering, Science and the School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences.
The scholarships are:
- £2,000 if your tuition fees are between £14,500 and £16,500
- £2,500 if your tuition fees are £16,501 and upwards
- You are a student of MSc in Global Marketing Management, or any of our MSc Nanofolio courses jointly run with the University of Leeds. Under these circumstances your Scholarship will be £1,250 only, the £2,000 and £2,500 discounts above will not apply.
Eligibility and Award Criteria:
- You must hold an offer of a study place and begin your postgraduate Taught Masters programme in September 2015.
- You must be a national or permanently domiciled of Taiwan.
- You must be self-funded and classified as overseas for fee purposes.
- The scholarships will be awarded automatically – no application is required.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying via Distance Learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
- The scholarships will not be awarded where partial funding is applicable from an external body* and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The Scholarship is for each year of the Taught Masters Programme, however it is not available for each year of a New Route PhD course. The scholarship is only available for the first year of study.
* Government or governmental organisation – international, national or regional; Research council; Charity; private enterprise; or any similar organisation.
Taiwan Merit Postgraduate Scholarship 2015
There is one Taiwan Merit Postgraduate Scholarship 2015, available for Taiwanese students.
This scholarship is worth 50% of the Postgraduate yearly tuition fee. The scholarship will take the form of a fee reduction.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, applicants must be self-funding and classed as 'Overseas' for fee purposes and a Taiwan national or permanently domiciled in Taiwan and apply for a study place by Friday 19 June 2015 for entry in September 2015.
The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement. The final decision will be made by an academic panel.
If you wish to be considered for this scholarship you need to apply online, the application link will be distributed to eligible students by email from January onwards.
Applicants cannot apply for the scholarship before being offered a study place at Sheffield.
The deadline for applications is Friday 26 June 2015, scholarship results will be announced Friday 24 July 2015
University of Sheffield and UKEAS Taiwan Joint Scholarship 2015
The University of Sheffield and UKEAS Taiwan are delighted to offer a joint scholarship exclusively for students from Taiwan.
This scholarship is worth £2000 towards the cost of tuition fees, for one year of study. The scholarship will take the form of a tuition fee reduction.
Please see the following link for more information:
Postgraduate research degrees eg PhD, MPhil
The University of Sheffield does not offer research studentships or funding specifically for Taiwanese students. There are, however, studentships and funding for which all international students can apply:
Other Sheffield Scholarships
The British Council in Taiwan can also provide information on the scholarship and funding bodies in Taiwan which support students for UK-based study.
There are a number of external organisations that offer scholarships and funding to international students who wish to study in the UK.