The Faculty of Engineering at the University of Sheffield is competing to be one of the best engineering faculties in the UK.
The research and teaching comes from the following areas: Aerospace, Automatic Control and Systems Engineering, Bioengineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Civil and Structural Engineering, and Chemical and Biological Engineering.
The Faculty of Engineering has:
- Research-led Learning and Teaching across the breadth of engineering subjects
- 68% of our research rated as 'world leading' or 'internationally excellent'
- An annual research income of around £25m
- Over 700 high quality students graduating each year
- An enviable and growing portfolio of knowledge transfer activities
- Good interdisciplinary links already established, as exemplified by the Aerospace programme.