Professor David I. Strutt
Senior Research Fellow/Professor
Department of Biomedical Science
The University of Sheffield
Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TN
Room: D36 Firth Court
Telephone: +44 (0) 114 222 2372
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2005: Professor of Developmental Genetics
- 2003-present: Wellcome Senior Fellow in Basic Biomedical Science, University of Sheffield
- 1998-2003: Lister Institute-Jenner Research Fellow, University of Sheffield
- 1997-1998: Lecturer, University of Sheffield
- 1993-1997: Postdoctoral Fellow, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg
- 1991-1993: Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Anatomy, University of Cambridge
- 1988-1991: PhD, Department of Anatomy, University of Cambridge
- 1985-1988: BA Natural Sciences, University of Cambridge
Cell polarisation is a fundamental process in the development of complex multicellular organisms. We are interested in how such polarisation is coordinated and maintained during development, with a primary interest in the roles of the Frizzled sevenpass transmembrane receptor. More on my research.
- Our research group is part of the Bateson Centre, and the The Centre for Membrane Interactions and Dynamics (CMIAD)
Activities and distinctions
- Wellcome Trust Senior Fellow in Basic Biomedical Science
- Editorial board of Current Biology
- Warrington SJ, Strutt H & Strutt D (2013) The Frizzled-dependent planar polarity pathway locally promotes E-cadherin turnover via recruitment of RhoGEF2..Development, 140(5), 1045-1054.
- Strutt H, Searle E, Thomas-Macarthur V, Brookfield R & Strutt D (2013) A Cul-3-BTB ubiquitylation pathway regulates junctional levels and asymmetry of core planar polarity proteins.. Development, 140(8), 1693-1702.
- Abley K, De Reuille PB, Strutt D, Bangham A, Prusinkiewicz P, Marée AF, Grieneisen VA & Coen E (2013) An intracellular partitioning-based framework for tissue cell polarity in plants and animals.. Development, 140(10), 2061-2074.
- Johnstone K, Wells RE, Strutt D & Zeidler MP (2013) Localised JAK/STAT pathway activation is required for Drosophila wing hinge development.. PLoS One, 8(5), e65076.
- Strutt H, Thomas-Macarthur V & Strutt D (2013) Strabismus Promotes Recruitment and Degradation of Farnesylated Prickle in Drosophila melanogaster Planar Polarity Specification.. PLoS Genet, 9(7), e1003654.
- Wells RE, Barry JD, Warrington SJ, Cuhlmann S, Evans P, Huber W, Strutt D & Zeidler MP (2013) Control of tissue morphology by Fasciclin III-mediated intercellular adhesion.. Development, 140(18), 3858-3868.
- Thomas C & Strutt D (2013) Rabaptin-5 and Rabex-5 are neoplastic tumour suppressor genes that interact to modulate Rab5 dynamics in Drosophila melanogaster.. Dev Biol.