The Sheffield Volunteering Committee is elected in April / May every year. The purpose of the Committee is:
To be ambassadors for Sheffield Volunteering to create a connected community of volunteers.
- engaging with volunteers
- recognising individual & collective contribution
- providing opportunities to connect with each other
- celebrating achievements
- sharing the positive contribution that volunteering offers within our University and local community
To represent student volunteering interests and work creatively with the Manager in guiding the programme.
- listening to students
- acting on feedback
- being a part of a team with Sheffield Volunteering staff
To promote and showcase student volunteering all year round to encourage participation and enhance volunteers' sense of involvement.
- running innovative campaigns
- capturing volunteering experience visually / creatively
- responding to recruitment needs of the programme
There are also non-elected roles known as 'ambassadors' who do all sorts from taking photos / filming events to helping out with campaigns and events. We recuit ambassadors at certain times in the year. Email: email@example.com to find out more.
Introducing the Committee
- Chair: Co-ordinates the Committee and acts as main point of contact.
- Secretary: Keeps official record of Committee decisions and supports the Chair
- Campaigns Co-ordinator: Leads the campaign team
- Designer: Creates all campaign materials
- Digital Media: Documents volunteers experience / volunteering programme
- Social Media: Oversees key communication channels
- Events (3 positions): Devises and co-ordinates volunteering 'taster' events
- Events Team Co-ordinator: Leads the Events Team
- Connection Team Co-ordinator: Oversees and motivates the Connections team
- Societies & Clubs Officer: Oversees Committee's club & society strategy
- Inclusion Officer: Oversees Committee's inclusion strategy
- Social Secretary: Organises team-building and social activities for volunteers involved in
- Sheffield Volunteering
- Ambassador Co-ordinator: Co-ordinates the work of the Ambassadors and acts as main point of contact
- Students' Union Activities Officer