Applying for an undergraduate course

Management studentsAll applications for undergraduate courses should be submitted via the UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) website:

UCAS website – Apply

Full instructions on how to apply are available on the UCAS website.

If you are still at school or college in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, please ask your teachers for advice on the UCAS application process.

The UCAS code for the University of Sheffield is S18 SHEFD. There is no campus code.

If you need to contact UCAS directly, you can do so by phone, email or social media:

UCAS contact details

When to apply for a degree commencing in September 2017

Applications for undergraduate degree courses starting in September 2017 must be submitted between:

  • 1 September 2016 and 15 January 2017 to be guaranteed equal consideration with other applicants
  • 16 January 2017 and 30 June 2017 for further consideration, although we may not be able to consider your application if all the places on the course you have applied for have been filled

If you are applying for entry to the MBChB Medicine or the BDS Dental Surgery, you must submit your application by 15 October 2016.

Admissions requirements

Before completing your UCAS application form, please read about the University's admissions requirements:

University of Sheffield admissions requirements

Disrupted Studies

If you are an undergraduate applicant and you have experienced issues of a personal, social or domestic nature that have affected your post-16 studies, you can let us know by completing our Disrupted Studies form.

More information about Disrupted Studies

Fraudulent statements and omissions

Offers of a place are made in good faith by the University and are based on the information you provide at any point during the application process. False statements or omissions of relevant information may lead to the withdrawal of an offer or a place. Further information is available on the UCAS website when you apply.

Students studying in the USA or Canada

If you are currently studying in the USA or Canada we can accept an application from you through the Common Application. However, if you are able to apply through UCAS we would encourage you to choose this route. You can only apply through one of the Common Application or UCAS, not both.

Please note that we are not able to consider Common Applications from students studying outside the USA or Canada.