Welcome to the School of Languages and Cultures!
There is a wide range of opportunities for postgraduate subjects within the School, from taught Masters and Research Track Masters, to MPhil and PhD research degrees.
- MA in European Gender Studies - interdisciplinary analysis of gender studies in a European cross-cultural and cross national perspective
- MA MUNDUS Crossways in Cultural Narratives - literary and cultural studies pursued internationally on a 2-year degree leading to an MA from 3 universities
- MA in Intercultural Communication - the theory and practice of effective communication across different cultures
- MA Multilingual Information Management - maximising the skills to handle multilingual information productively
- MA in Screen Translation - combining theory with practice in the fast-growing and diverse discipline of screen translation
- MA in Translation Studies - study of theories, methods and techniques of translation
The French department offers Research Track MA, European Humanities MA (with study abroad), or MPhil/PhD supervision in five different areas of research.
There is a Germanic Masters (taught or Research Track) and staff offer MPhil/PhD supervision in all their research interests. German also forms a significant element of many other MA courses across the University.
If you are interested in Hispanic studies you can choose from three MAs: Hispanic; Latin American, or Catalan. The Masters can be studied in preparation for continuing on to MPhil or PhD research.
Russian and Slavonic Studies
Study for a Masters in Slavonic Studies, either as a stand-alone course, or as preparation for continuing on to a MPhil or PhD research degree.