Suzy Paisley BA (Liverpool), MA (Loughborough)
Senior Research Fellow and Head of Information Resource Group
Information Resources Group, HEDS, ScHARR
The University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 0704
Fax: (+44) (0)114 272 4095
I joined ScHARR Information Resources at its inception in 1994. In 2000 I was seconded to the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE), as a Technical Lead in the Appraisals Team. I returned to ScHARR as Managing Director of the Technology Assessment Reviews (TARs) programme funded UK NHS HTA Programme. In 2003 I was awarded a UK Department of Health fellowship looking at the retrieval and use of evidence in decision-analytic models of cost-effectiveness.
In 2009 I became Head of the ScHARR Information Resources Group (IRG) leading the Group's research and teaching activities and managing the information service for ScHARR staff and students and for NHS staff through the Yorkshire and Humber Research Design Service (RDS).
I am Associate Director of the NICE Public Health Collaborating Centre (PHCC) at ScHARR and of the Department of Health Economic Evaluation Policy Research Unit (EEPRU) based at ScHARR and the University of York
Information retrieval methods and problem structuring methods to support evidence synthesis. Specific areas of interest:
- Use of evidence in the specification and population of decision-analytic models
- Retrieval of evidence for reviews of complex interventions
- MSc in Health Economics and Decision Modelling (HEDM) (Research Methods unit, Joint Lead)
- MSc in International Health Technology Assessment, Pricing and Reimbursement (iHRAPR) (proposed) (Use of Evidence in the Design and Development of Models unit, Lead)
- Health Technology Assessment International (HTAi) Information Resources Group
- InterTASC Information Specialists' Subgroup (ISSG)
- Cochrane Information Retrieval Methods Group (IRMG)
- Campbell and Cochrane Economics Methods Group (CCEMG)
- Department of Health Economic Evaluation Policy Research Unit (DH EEPRU).
Co-investigator (PI: John Brazier). Department of Health (2010-2015)
- NICE Public Health Collaborating Centre.
Joint PI (with Ron Akehurst, Jim Chilcott, Liddy Goyder). NICE (2008-2011, 2011-2012)
- Angioplasty for peripheral arterial occulsive disease (PAOD): systematic review.
Co-applicant (PI: Jonathon Michaels). NIHR HTA (2010-2011)
- Paisley S. The Classification of evidence in decision-analytic models of cost-effectiveness: a content analysis of published report. International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care 2010. 26(4): 458-462. Abstract [link]
- Glanville J and Paisley S. Identifying economic evaluations for health technology assessment. International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care 2010. 26(4):436-440. Abstract [link]
- Glanville J and Paisley S. Searching for evidence for cost-effectiveness decisions. IN: Shemilt I, Mugford M, Vale L, Marsh K Donaldson C (eds) Evidence-based decisions and economics: health care, social welfare, education and criminal justice. (2nd ed.) Wiley, 2010 Link [link]
- Brazier J, Papaioannou D, Cantrell A, Paisley S, Hermann K. Identifying and reviewing health state utility values for populating decision models. IN:Shemilt I, Mugford M, Vale L, Marsh K Donaldson C (eds) Evidence-based decisions and economics: health care, social welfare, education and criminal justice. (2nd ed.) Wiley, 2010 Link [link]
- Cooper NJ, Sutton AJ, Ades AE, Paisley S, Jones DR. Use of evidence in economic decision models: practical issue and methodological challenges. Health Economics 2007. 16(12): 1277-1286. Abstract [link]