Dr Jeff Anderson BA (ed) Hons (Exeter), PhD (Exeter)
HEDS Director of Consultancy
The University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Direct telephone: (+44) (0)114 222 4349
General office fax: (+44) (0)114 22 4095
I lead our consultancy offerings to Industry and the NHS and support innovation and knowledge transfer across the School. I am the first point of contact for all consultancy enquiries and opportunities and lead our strategic plans and business development for knowledge transfer. I first joined ScHARR in 1998, leading national sentinel audits in chronic disease management for NICE and the Royal College of General Practitioners. I became Director of Primary Care in the NHS in Nottingham, delivering substantial service reconfiguration and commissioning developments across primary and community care. I became an independent consultant in 2006 and then I joined Tribal plc as Director of Commissioning in 2008, where I led major commissioning programmes and business development initiatives in response to Department of Health policy. Tribal healthcare was acquired by Capita Consulting plc where I performed a similar role, leading the new propositions in Clinical Commissioning.
I am the programme manager of the ‘Sheffield Test Bed’ project (June – November 2012). This is a collaboration between Sheffield University, Pfizer Ltd and Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. The aim of the project is to test the feasibility of linking current and new datasets, including health outcomes survey data, to the existing clinical patient record in order to maximise the research opportunities for academia, the NHS and the Pharmaceutical industry presented by a more comprehensive and linked database.
- GP Commissioning Consortia: Building a Better Health System for Patients. (Tribal publication for the NHS). Sept 2010
- Primary Care Services for Children and Young People: A Review of the Key Literature. (NHS Primary Care Contracting). 2007 www.pcc.nhs.uk/241.php
- Primary Care Service Frameworks for the management of Sexual Health, Long Term Condition, Support for Self Care, Obesity, Learning Disabilities and Alcohol services (Department of Health). 2007 www.pcc.nhs.uk/204.php
- Anderson JP, Martin D, Joesbury H. The Primary Care Trust and GPs whose performance gives cause for concern. Sheffield: University of Sheffield, 2002. www.shef.ac.uk/~scharr
- Hutchinson A, McIntosh A, Anderson JP, Gilbert CL, Field R. Developing primary care review criteria from evidence based guidelines – coronary heart disease as a model. British Journal of General Practice: 53; 494: pp690-696, 2003.
- Anderson JP and Fox KR. A social support scale for exercise in a clinical setting: Preliminary evidence of construct validity. Journal of Sports Sciences, 1998; 16, 1: 71.