Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Consultancy
ScHARR is an International Centre of Excellence for Health Technology Assessment (HTA), Health Economics and Decision Modelling, and Health Services Research and Public Health. Over 55% of our research was classed as world leading or internationally excellent in the 2008 UK Research Assessment Exercise. With over 200 staff working in multi-disciplinary teams, we have one of the largest health economic groups in the world consisting of decision-analytic modellers, statisticians, economists, patient outcome specialists, systematic reviewers and information specialists.
We have unparalleled experience of working with the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) through the ScHARR Technology Assessment Group, NICE Decision Support Unit (DSU) and Scientific Advice Programme. Many staff contributed to the NICE Methods Guides and the associated DSU Technical Support Documents, 5 staff are current members of NICE Appraisal Committees and 3 are former members.
Our staff are well placed to offer support for Health Technology Assessment submissions. We can identify and define the specific requirements needed to support your product's clinical development and economic value providing a broad range of services specifically tailored and customised to meet your needs.
Our core activities include:
- Economic modelling
- Health technology assessment: supporting submissions to NICE and similar bodies
- Systematic reviewing
- Evidence synthesis, including network meta-analysis
- Critical review of models and systematic reviews (for industry and within the NICE MTA/STA programme)
- Verification and validation of third-party models
- Budget impact models, support for HTA submissions
- Patient access schemes, support for HTA submissions
- Health utilities research: measurement, development of instruments, preference-based measures & mapping exercises
- Bayesian trail simulation & uncertainty methodologies
We have experience of working in a wide range of clinical areas including:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Mental health
- Emergency care
- Prevention and screening
Current and previous clients include:
For additional information please see:
HEDS webpages: www.sheffield.ac.uk/scharr/sections/heds
HEDS BLOG: scharrheds.blogspot.com