PGR Quality Assurance
The PGR Quality Assurance process aims to assure high levels of student satisfaction with PGR provision and the delivery of the research outputs which the University expects from its PGRs (including timely submission of theses). The annual QA exercise: identifies scope for improvement and measures progress against it, facilitates the agreement of enhancement priorities at a number of levels, enables the sharing of good practices, and promotes student engagement with quality assurance.
Quality is assured through an annual departmental reflections and faculty-level conversations about PGR provision. Reflection forms are sent out to departments in December and are returned in February. Faculty discussions occur in March/April and final reporting takes place in May.
- Agreement of enhancement priorities (at department, faculty and university level)
- New good practices communicated across the University
- Where minimum essential requirements are not being met, further dialogue occurs with possible escalation through the Faculty PGR Lead and recourse for a departmental visit
- Where support or advice are requested, specific Professional Service actions disseminated and undertaken
- Detailed information/evaluation produced by the thematic element which can inform future QE initiatives