Dr Tom Stafford BSc, PhD
The University of Sheffield
Sheffield S10 2TP, UK
Tel: (+44) 0114 222 6620
Fax: (+44) 0114 276 6515
BSc, PhD (Sheffield)
Research Interests, publications, grants and other activites are ...
...available from this webpage http://tomstafford.staff.shef.ac.uk/
See the ABRG research page
Teaching and administrative duties
I am module organiser for PSY241: Cognitive Psychology and PSY6316: Current Issues in Cognitive Neuroscience. I also teach on PSY105: Synthetic Psychology.
I am Departmental PR & Media liaison, departmental web co-ordinator, departmental seminar series coordinator, outreach liaison, english language teaching centre liaison, International Faculty (City College) laison and duals tutor.
A list of key publications can be found below. For a full list of publications please click here
- Thirkettle M, Walton T, Shah A, Gurney K, Redgrave P & Stafford T (2013) The path to learning: action acquisition is impaired when visual reinforcement signals must first access cortex.. Behav Brain Res, 243, 267-272.
- Stafford T, Thirkettle M, Walton T, Vautrelle N, Hetherington L, Port M, Gurney K & Redgrave P (2012) A novel task for the investigation of action acquisition.. PLoS One, 7(6), e37749.
- Stafford T, Ingram L & Gurney KN (2011) Piéron's Law holds during stroop conflict: insights into the architecture of decision making.. Cogn Sci, 35(8), 1553-1566.
- Yates DJ & Stafford T (2011) Insights into the Function and Mechanism of Saccadic Decision Making From Targets Scaled By an Estimate of the Cortical Magnification Factor. Cognitive Computation, 3(1), 89-93.
- Stafford T & Gurney KN (2007) Biologically constrained action selection improves cognitive control in a model of the Stroop task.. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci, 362(1485), 1671-1684.
- Stafford T & Gurney KN (2004) The role of response mechanisms in determining reaction time performance: Piéron's law revisited.. Psychon Bull Rev, 11(6), 975-987.