Dr. Garrett Wallace Brown - Publications
- Brown, G.W., Bailey, T. and Csetri, A., (2015) Kant, Publicity and Cosmopolitics, Edinburgh, Edinburgh University Press.
- Brown, G.W. (2015) Cosmopolitanism, Key Concepts Series, Cambridge: Polity Press.
- Brown, G.W., McMillan, A. & McLean, I. (2014) The Oxford Dictionary of Politics, 5th Edition, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Brown, G.W., Yamey, G. & Wamala, S., (2014) Global Health Policy, Cambridge: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Brown, G.W. & Held, D., (2010) The Cosmopolitanism Reader, Cambridge: Polity Press.
- Brown, G.W. (2009) Grounding Cosmopolitanism: From Kant to the Idea of a Cosmopolitan Constitution, Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press.
- Brown, G.W. ‘The European Union and Kant’s Idea of Cosmopolitan Right: Why the EU is not Cosmopolitan,’ European Journal of International Relations (Online first, 2013).
- Brown, G.W. (2012) ‘The Constitutionalization of What?’, Global Constitutionalism, Volume 1 (2).
- Brown, G.W. (2012) ‘Distributing Who Gets What and Why: Four Normative Approaches to Global Health,’ Global Policy, Volume 3 (3).
- Brown, G.W. & R. Labonte (2011) ‘Globalization and its Methodological Discontents: Contextualizing Globalization Through the Study of HIV/AIDS,’ Globalization and Health, Vol. 7 (29).
- Brown, G.W. & A. Barnes (2011) 'The Idea of Partnership within the Millennium Development Goals: Context, Instrumentality and the Normative Demands of Partnership,' Third World Quarterly, Vol. 32 (1).
- Brown, G.W. (2011) ‘On the Prospect for Market-based Approaches to Incentivise Deliberative Global Governance,’ Theoria: A Journal of Social and Political Theory, Vol. 58 (128).
- Brown. G.W. (2011) 'Bringing the State Back into Cosmopolitanism: The Idea of Responsible Cosmopolitan States,' Political Studies Review, Vol. 9 (1).
- Brown, G.W. (2010) ‘The Laws of Hospitality, Asylum Seekers and Cosmopolitan Right: A Kantian Response to Jacques Derrida,’ European Journal of Political Theory, Vol 9 (3)
- Brown, G.W. (2010) ‘Safeguarding Deliberative Global Governance: The Case of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria,’ Review of International Studies, Vol. 36, (2).
- Brown, G.W. (2009) ‘Multisectoralism, Participation and Stakeholder Effectiveness: Increasing the Role of Non-State Actors in The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria,’ Global Governance, Vol. 15, No. 2.
- Brown, G.W. (2008) ‘Moving Cosmopolitan Legal Theory to Legal Practice: Models of Cosmopolitan Law,’ Legal Studies, 28, (3).
- Brown, G.W. (2008) ‘Globalization is What we Make of It: Contemporary Globalization Theory and the Future Construction of Global Interconnectedness,’ Political Studies Review, Vol. 6 (1):42-53.
- Brown, G.W. (2006) ‘Kantian Cosmopolitan Law and the Idea of a Cosmopolitan Constitution,’ History of Political Thought, Vol. 27 (3).
- Brown, G.W. (2005) ‘State Sovereignty, Federation and Kantian Cosmopolitanism,’ European Journal of International Relations, Vol. 11 (4): 495-522.
- Brown, G.W. & Stoeva, P. (2014) ‘An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure: Reevaluating Health Security from a Cosmopolitan Perspective,’ in S. Rushton and J. Youde (eds.) Handbook on Health Security (London: Routledge).
- Brown, G.W. & Paremoer, L. (2014) ‘Global Health Justice,’ in G.W. Brown, G. Yamey and S. Wamala (eds.) Global Policy (Willey-Blackwell).
- Brown, G.W., Yamey, G. and Wamala, S. (2014) ‘Global Health Policy,’ in G.W. Brown, G. Yamey and S. Wamala (eds.) Global Policy (Willey-Blackwell).
- Brown, G.W. (2014) 'Cosmopolitanism,' in E. Coole, W. Connolly and E. Ellis (eds.) The Encyclopedia of Political Thought (Wiley-Blackwell).
- Brown, G.W. (2013) ‘The Cosmopolitanization of International Law: Rethinking Global Constitutionalism and a Legitimate Rule of Law,” in S. Gupta (ed.) Politics in a Global Age: Critical Reflections on Sovereignty. Citizenship, Territory and Nationalism (London: Routledge).
- Brown, G.W. (2013) ‘Are States Still Sovereign in the World?: Locating Compatibility Between Sovereignty and Cosmopolitan Governance,’ in G. Prins and J. Moehring (eds.) Sail On o’ Ship of State: The Persistent Relevance of the Nation-State (London, Nottinghill Press).
- Brown, G.W. (2013) 'Diaspora, Transnationalism and Issues in Contemporary Politcs,' in G. Daswani and A. Quayson (eds.) Diaspora and Transnational Studies Companion (Wiley-Blackwell).
- Brown, G.W. (2012) 'Between Naturalism and Cosmopolitan Law: Hospitality as Transitional Global Justice,' in G. Baker (ed.) Hospitality in International Relations (Cambridge).
- Brown, G.W. (2012) ‘Ethical Debates about Global Health Inequality,” in P. Lenard and C. Straehle (eds.) Health Inequalities and Global Justice (Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press).
- Brown, G.W. & Barnes, A. (2011) ‘The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria: Expertise, Accountability and the Depolitcisation of Global Health Governance,’ in O. Williams & S. Rushton, Global Health Partnerships and Private Foundations: New Frontiers in Health and Health Governance (Routledge).
- Brown, G.W. (2011) ‘The Idea of Autonomy: Accountability, Self-Determination and What Normative Claims to Autonomy in Global Governance Should Mean,’ in. N. White & R. Collins, International Organizations and the Idea of Autonomy (Routledge).
- Brown, G.W. (2010) 'Kant's Cosmopolitanism,' in G.W. Brown and D. Held (eds.) The Cosmopolitanism Reader, (Cambridge: Polity Press).
- Brown, G.W. and M. Kime (2010) 'A Comprehensive Overview of Cosmopolitan Literature,' in G.W. Brown and D. Held (eds.) The Cosmopolitanism Reader, (Cambridge: Polity Press).
Other Publications and Grant Projects
- Brown, G.W. w/ A. Barnes and S. Harman (2013) ‘Insights on the Positives and Negatives of Performance Based Funding in African Health Systems Strengthening,’ EQUINET AFRICA, Vol. 11, no. 1.
- Brown, G.W. (2012) Performance Based Funding for African Health Systems: Who is Setting the Agenda?,” EQUINET AFRICA, Vol. 10, no. 2.
- Brown, G.W. & S. Harman (2011) Risk, Perceptions of Risk and Global Health Governance, special issue, Political Studies, Vol. 54 (4).
- Brown, G.W. & D. Held (2006) ‘Global Institutional Design: The Accountability and Effectiveness of the Global Fund to Flight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Maria,’ Ford Foundation, Project on Global Institutional Design, London School of Economics.
Return to Dr. Brown's full profile.