A degree with Employment Experience offers your students the opportunity to take a one year work placement as part of their degree.
Departments can offer their students the chance to study for a degree with Employment Experience; with departmental approval students can now opt to include a year long work placement as part of their degree programme.
Students who successfully complete the placement year would be awarded an amended degree title to reflect this, for example BA/BSc (Hons) "Degree" with Employment Experience.
- A student will typically go out on placement between their penultimate and final year.
- Placements must last a minimum of 38 weeks and a maximum of 12 months.
- Students can choose to undertake two six month placements.
- Departmental support and approval must be given.
- Students are responsible for finding and securing their own placement (with support and guidance from the University).
- The placement must clearly contribute to the achievement of the intended learning outcomes of the student’s degree programme.
- The student has achieved a satisfactory level of academic achievement during levels 1 and 2.
- Students will pay a reduced fee for the year they spend on placement.
- The placement year is assessed on a pass/fail basis and does not contribute to the students final degree classification.
The webpages on the left hand menu are designed to offer information, advice and guidance for those departments who are interested in offering their students the opportunity to undertake a placement as part of their degree.
For more information contact Helen Thorpe, Student Placement Officer on 0114 222 0937 or email her at: