Ms Lynda Wyld (BMedSci, MBChB, PhD, FRCS(Gen Surg)
Department of Oncology
The Medical School
Beech Hill Road
Telephone: +44 (0) 114 271 3243
Secretary: +44 (0) 114 271 2510
Fax: +44 (0) 114 271 3314
Training: University of Sheffield Medical School, graduated in 1990.
PhD: University of Sheffield.
Surgical Training: Basic surgical training in Leeds.
Higher Surgical Training in Sheffield, Nottingham and Manchester.
Appointed Consultant and Senior Lecturer 2002.
Tumour microenvironment and the unfolded protein response, breast cancer in the elderly, psych-oncology, familial breast cancer, breast screening.
Undergraduate teaching of breast diseases. Postgraduate lectures on breast cancer, breast reconstruction and sarcomas.
- Senior Lecturer in Surgical Oncology
- Consultant Surgeon, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Lead Clinician for the North Trent Sarcoma Service
- Lead for Familial Breast Cancer in the Sheffield Breast Service
- Member of the Education and Training Committee of ESSO
- Breast cancer screening in older women
- The role of the UPR in tumour resistance to anticancer therapies
- Psychosocial outcomes for women with familial high breast cancer risk
Key Publications [not a full list, just key outputs]
- Hind D, Wyld L, Beverley CB, Reed MW. Surgery versus primary endocrine therapy for operable primary breast cancer in elderly women (70 years plus). The Cochrane Database of Systemic Reviews, (2006), Issue 1. Art No.: CD004272. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD004272.pub2.
- Hind D, Ward S, De Nigris E, Simpson E, Carroll C and Wyld L. (2007). Hormonal therapies for early breast cancer: systemic review and economic evaluation. Health Technologies Assessment, 2007, 11(26), 1-152
- Hussain LS, Collins K, Reed MR and Wyld L. (2008). Choices in cancer treatment: a qualitative study of the older women's (.70 years) perspective. Psycho-Oncology, 17 (4), 410-416.
- Scriven P, Coulson S, Haines R, Balasubramanian S, Cross SS and Wyld L. Activation and clinical significance of the un folded protein response in breast cancer. British Journal of Cancer, 2009, e Pub.
- Collins K, Winslow M, Robinson TG, Madan JJ, Reed MW and Wyld L. The views of older women towards mammographic screening. BJC 2010 in press