MA in the Psychology of Music - Aims and Objectives
The Psychology of Music onsite MA aims to
- Provide you with a training in psychological research methods, and with a conceptual framework within which you might use them to explore your musical surroundings
- Enrich your professional, musical, and academic life through facilitating psychological perspectives on performing, listening and educational or therapeutic issues in music
- Provide a basis for academic investigation suited as an entrance towards a research degree.
By the end of this course you will be able to
- Use information resources to find out about psychological research relevant to your musical interests.
- Evaluate psychological theories in relation to each other and to your own experience.
- Write clearly and knowledgeably about psychological approaches to music.
- Generate new knowledge about music, music cognition, music psychology and / or music education through collecting, analysing and interpreting data.
- Demonstrate an attitude of open-minded critical awareness.
- Decide for yourself what psychology has to offer to musicians and educators and what the psychology of music has to offer to a more general understanding of human psychology.