NewsBank is a full text U.K. newspaper database, providing online access to news articles in both broadsheet and tabloid newspapers. News articles are complemented by additional sections including obituaries, literary criticism, people, editorial pieces and book/film/art reviews. New articles are added to NewsBank on a daily basis to ensure the collection is as current as possible. In addition to newspapers, NewsBank also provides access to Early American Imprints, Series I: Evans, 1639-1800 (located under America's Historical Imprints).
The following newspapers are included in the NewsBank database:
- Daily Express and Express on Sunday from 1998 to present
- Daily Mirror and Sunday Mirror from 1992 to present
- Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph from 2000 to present
- Evening Standard (London) from 2010 to present
- Financial Times from 1982 to present
- Guardian from 1998 to present
- Independent and Independent on Sunday from 1992 to present
- News of the World from 1996 to 2011
- Observer from 1998 to present
- Sun from 1996 to present
- Sunday People from 1992 to present
- Times and Sunday Times from 1998 to present
A variety of different search options are available and newspapers can be searched individually or together.
Access is available directly from this page by connecting to the NewsBank web site - you'll be prompted to login to MUSE as necessary. To access the Library's eResources collection whether on or off campus, simply log into MUSE & connect via the Library eResources links, located on the Library tab. Alternatively, access via the eResources A to Z links on the Library Web pages & login to MUSE when prompted.
If you experience any difficulties in using this eResource please call the Library on extension 27200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.