The Cochrane Library is a collection of six databases that contain different types of high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making, and a seventh database that provides information about groups in The Cochrane Collaboration. The databases are:
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews
- Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects
- Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials
- Cochrane Methodology Register
- Health Technology Assessment Database
- NHS Economic Evaluation Database
- About The Cochrane Collaboration
All residents of England can access The Cochrane Library for free due to funding provided by NHS Evidence. Residents of some other countries may be able to access The Cochrane Library for free through a 'provision' or a special scheme. For futher details please see 'Who is eligible for free online access?' on The Cochrane Library website.
If you experience any difficulties in using this eResource please call the Health Sciences Library at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital on (0114) 222-7335 / extension 27335. Alternatively, call the Library on extension 27200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.