What are the Subject Centres?
The Subject Centres are part of the Higher Education Academy (HEA) and are funded by the UK HE Funding Councils and UK HEIs. There are 24 centres based in HE departments throughout the UK, some of which cover a single discipline and some a group of related disciplines.
How can they help me?
The Subject Centres offer discipline-based support and guidance on a wide variety of topics to all staff with a teaching and learning role. Activities at each Centre will vary by discipline but typically will include:
- publications such as journals and newsletters;
- provision of briefing notes and guidance on various topics such as assessment, plagiarism, e-learning;
- special interest groups and academic networks;
- consultancy services for individuals and departments;
- support for new teaching staff;
- tailored workshops;
- the possibility of funding for individual or departmental projects.
How can I find out more?
Each Subject Centre has its own website which will give details of the services on offer, whether any funding is available and who to contact for more information. Follow the link below to find a full list of Centres and their web addresses.