Dedicated members of LeTS Team work closely with each of the Faculties to support enhancement and assurance processes and to help ensure that there is communication between the Institution and Faculties and across Faculties.
|Faculty of Social Sciences||Claire Allam, Nicola Orridge and Tracy Mayes|
|Faculty of Arts and Humanities||Richard Ward and Angela Marron|
|Faculty of Science||Marie Evans and Katharine Lingard|
|Faculty of Medicine Dentistry and Health||Sarah Huntley and Angela Gascoyne|
|Faculty of Engineering||Andrea Bath and Clare Young|
|International Faculty, City College||Sue Davison (LeTS), Lena Gassi (Thessaloniki)|
The team provides the following key services to each of the faculties:-
- Support for the development and implementation of Faculty Strategies for Learning and Teaching.
- Support for the Faculty L&T Committees
- Development work to enhance the student experience, implement the Institutional L&T strategy and develop the associated knowledge and skills of staff.
- Support in engaging students in learning and teaching development and review and in project work via SALTs
- Development and approval of new programmes and modules
- Support for reflection and review activities that assure the quality of learning and teaching : the Annual Reflection, Periodic Review, and student evaluations such as the National Student Survey and the Student Satisfaction Survey.
- Administration of the Faculty's Curriculum Development Fund
In addition, we work closely with:
- The LeTS Professional Development team to ensure that their services can be tailored to meet current faculty priorities
- Other Professional Services, for example Careers and University of Sheffield Enterprise on various aspects of student skills development and support;
- External bodies and networks, such as: the Higher Education Academy through their institutional liaison scheme; the Staff and Educational Development Association; and the Quality and Standards Network.
- More information about Faculty L&T activity can be found in our news section and on each Faculty’s web pages.