If you're joining us as a new student in September 2012, then this page is your starting point for essential information. The links to the right will take you to some general University of Sheffield new student information, which you should find useful.
Intro Week at the Information School
Intro Week begins on Monday 17th September 2012. You will have plenty to keep you busy during this week, including Welcome Meetings from senior University staff, Welcome Meetings from us here in the School, Registration, Module Choice ... not to mention the myriad of social events organised by the Students' Union and various societies.
Student Services will have sent you a very large timetable of Intro Week events, but to make your life easier, we've created three Intro Week timetables tailored to Information School students. You can download these now from the Downloads box on the right hand side of this page:
- UG Intro Week timetable single honours
- UG Intro Week timetable dual honours
- PG Intro Week timetable
Need to speak to us?
You will be receiving various pieces of information through the post during the summer, both from the Information School, and from central administrative departments such as Student Services. If there is anything you need to know that is not covered in these mailings, or you have any questions at all, please get in touch with us here at the School. Any of the following contacts may be useful:
- general enquiries for the Information School
- Andrea Shaw, Information School Programmes Assistant, UG Programmes and MSc Health Informatics
- Christine Shaw, Information School Admissions Secretary, PGT Programmes
- John Bennett, Information School Teaching and Learning Manager
- full staff list for the Information School
New Student Facebook groups
Why not join the the Facebook group for your degree, and meet your new colleagues?