Shared Commonwealth Scholarships 2016
There is one award available for individuals with a strong academic background beginning their postgraduate study at the University in September 2016.
Each award offers:
•A full tuition fee waiver
•Maintenance for University accommodation and a monthly stipend
•Flights to and from your home country
Applications for the Commonwealth Scholarships will be judged on academic merit and a personal statement. In your personal statement you should outline your personal goals and how studying at the University will help you achieve them.
All eligible offer holders will be emailed with details of how to apply for the Shared Commonwealth Scholarship from the 20th November 2015.
Please note that the Commonwealth Electronic Application System (EAS) will be unavailable from 5th - 20th November. We will email eligible offer holders from the 20th November with further information.
The closing date for applications is 11th March 2016.
If you have any questions about the Shared Commonwealth Scholarship, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. You must hold an offer to study one of the following courses by 4th March 2016.
•MSc Environmental Change and International Development
•MMedSci Advancing Practice
•MSc Speech Difficulties
•MSc Psychological Research Methods
•MMedSci Human Nutrition
•MPH Public Health*
•MSc Translational Neuroscience
•MSc Clinical Neurology
•MSc Sustainable Architecture Studies
•MSc(Res) Translational Oncology
2. Your mode of attendance must be full-time.
3. Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting all the conditions of your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
4. Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University.
5. You must not have previously studied for one year or more in a developed country.
6. You must be a national of a Commonwealth developing country (see below) and not at present living or studying in a developed country.
7. You must confirm that you will return to your home country as soon as you complete your studies at the University of Sheffield.
8. You must confirm that you are unable to personally pay your tuition fees and maintenance costs.
Commonwealth developing countries
* MPH Public Health (Distance Learning), MPH Public Health (Health Services Research) and MPH Public Health (Management and Leadership) are not included in the eligible list of courses.