Science International Scholarships 2016
We are pleased to offer Science International Scholarships to all international undergraduate students commencing their studies in the Faculty of Science in September 2016.
The scholarships are worth £2,500 per year each.
Eligibility and Award Criteria:
- You must hold an offer of a study place and begin your undergraduate studies in September 2016 in one of the following departments: Animal and Plant Sciences, Biomedical Science, Chemistry, Mathematics and Statistics, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Physics and Astronomy, Psychology
- You must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying via Distance Learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
- The scholarships will be awarded automatically – no application is required in the first or any subsequent years.
- The scholarships will be awarded unconditionally in the first year of studies. Receipt of the award in subsequent years of study is subject to the achievement of a 60% overall average mark in the previous academic year.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- The scholarships will not be applied during any optional or compulsory study abroad periods or year in industry.
- The Scholarships will not be awarded where partial funding is applicable from an external body* and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The Alumni Reward can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
* Government or governmental organisation – international, national or regional; Research council; Charity; private enterprise; or any similar organisation.