Scholarships for students from Ghana
The University is pleased to offer a range of scholarships to students from Ghana who show exceptional academic potential and are starting their studies at the University of Sheffield in September 2013.
Undergraduate Scholarships eg BA, BSc, BEng, MEng
Faculty Undergraduate Scholarships
We are pleased to offer scholarships to all international students commencing their studies in the Faculties of Engineering, Pure Science and Law in September 2013:
Postgraduate Scholarships eg MA, MSc
The University offers a range of scholarships for Ghanaian students who show exceptional academic potential starting a postgraduate Taught Masters programme at the University of Sheffield in September 2013.
Ghana Sheffield Scholarships 2013
We are pleased to offer the Ghana Sheffield Scholarship 2013 to all Ghanaian students starting a Taught Masters programme in September 2013.
The scholarships are:
- £1,000 each for students studying Nanotechnology courses (jointly run with the University of Leeds)
- £1,500 each for students paying fees between £12,760 - £14,680
- £2,000 each for students paying fees of £14,681 and upwards
Eligibility and Award Criteria:
- You must hold an offer of a study place and begin your postgraduate Taught Masters programme in September 2013.
- You must be a Ghanaian national or permanently domiciled in Ghana.
- You must be self-funding and classified as overseas for fee purposes.
- The scholarships will be awarded automatically - no application is required.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying via Distance Learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
Management School - MSc and MBA scholarships
Our Management School offers MSc and MBA scholarships worth up to £5000. These scholarships will be awarded on merit.
Shared Commonwealth Scholarships 2013
There are three awards available for individuals with a strong academic background beginning their postgraduate study at the University of Sheffield in September 2013.
Tullow Oil Scholarships
We are happy to inform you that The University of Sheffield has been selected to participate in the Tullow Group Scholarship Scheme for the 2013/2014 academic year.
For more information, please visit our Tullow Oil Scholarships Page.
Postgraduate research degrees eg PhD, MPhil
The University of Sheffield does not offer research studentships or funding specifically for Ghanaian students. There are, however, studentships and funding for which students from Ghana can apply:
Other Postgraduate Research Scholarships
Full details of other available scholarships and funding for research programmes can be found on the Graduate Research Office website. The link below will open in a new window:
Other Sheffield Scholarships
External sources of funding
There are a number of external organisations that offer scholarships and funding to international students who wish to study in the UK.