Scholarships for students from Ghana
The University is pleased to offer a range of scholarships to students from Ghana who show exceptional academic potential and are starting their studies at the University of Sheffield in September 2015.
Undergraduate Scholarships eg BA, BSc, BEng, MEng
Faculty Undergraduate Scholarships
We are pleased to offer scholarships to all international students commencing their studies in the Faculties of Engineering, Pure Science, Arts and Law in September 2015:
Postgraduate Scholarships eg MA, MSc
The University offers a range of scholarships for Ghanaian students who show exceptional academic potential starting a Postgraduate Taught Masters programme at the University of Sheffield in September 2015.
Ghana Sheffield Scholarships 2015
We are pleased to offer the Ghana Sheffield Scholarship to all Ghanaian students starting a Taught Masters programme in September 2015.
The scholarships are:
- £2,000 if your tuition fees are between £14,500 and £16,500
- £2,500 if your tuition fees are £16,501 and upwards
- You are a student of MSc in Global Marketing Management, or any of our MSc Nanofolio courses jointly run with the University of Leeds. Under these circumstances your Scholarship will be £1,250 only, the £2,000 and £2,500 discounts above will not apply.
Eligibility and Award Criteria:
- You must hold an offer of a study place and begin your postgraduate Taught Masters programme in September 2015.
- You must be a national or permanently domiciled of Ghana.
- You must be self-funded and classified as overseas for fee purposes.
- The scholarships will be awarded automatically – no application is required.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying via Distance Learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
- The scholarships will not be awarded where partial funding is applicable from an external body* and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The Scholarship is for each year of the Taught Masters Programme, however it is not available for each year of a New Route PhD course. The scholarship is only available for the first year of study.
* Government or governmental organisation – international, national or regional; Research council; Charity; private enterprise; or any similar organisation.
Postgraduate Scholarships eg MA, MSc
We are delighted to announce a new scholarship scheme for postgraduate applicants from West Africa.
The University offers the following scholarships for West African students who show exceptional academic potential starting a postgraduate taught masters programme at the University of Sheffield in September 2015.
West African Merit Postgraduate Scholarships 2015 (tuition fee discount of up to 50% of tuition fees)
There is one Merit Postgraduate Scholarship 2015 available for West African students starting their postgraduate taught masters programme in September 2015.
The scholarship is worth up to 50% of your postgraduate taught masters degree tuition fee per year, for one year of study. The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction.
To be eligible for the West African Merit Postgraduate Scholarships 2015 (50% tuition fee discount), applicants must be self-funding and classed as 'overseas' for fee purposes AND a national or permanently domiciled in one of the following countries: Benin, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Ivory Coast, Togo; apply for a study place by Friday 19 June 2014 and hold an offer of a study place for entry in September 2015.
The deadline for applications is Friday 26 June 2015 and results will be announced by Friday 24 July 2015. The West African Merit Postgraduate Scholarship 2015 (50% tuition fee discount) is awarded on the basis of academic merit.
If you wish to be considered for this scholarship you need to apply. Eligible students will automatically be sent details of how to apply from January 2015 onwards.
Applicants cannot apply for the scholarship before being offered a study place at Sheffield.
For full Terms and Conditions, please visit:www.sheffield.ac.uk/international/applicant/internationalscholarship/pgacademicterms
Shared Commonwealth Scholarships 2015
There is one award available for individuals with a strong academic background beginning their postgraduate study at the University of Sheffield in September 2015.
Tullow Oil Scholarships 2015
We are happy to inform you that The University of Sheffield has been selected to participate in the Tullow Group Scholarship Scheme for the 2015/2016 academic year.
For more information, please visit our Tullow Oil Scholarships Page.
Postgraduate research degrees eg PhD, MPhil
The University of Sheffield does not offer research studentships or funding specifically for Ghanaian students. There are, however, studentships and funding for which students from Ghana can apply:
Other Postgraduate Research Scholarships
Full details of other available scholarships and funding for research programmes can be found on the Graduate Research Office website. The link below will open in a new window:
Other Sheffield Scholarships
External sources of funding
There are a number of external organisations that offer scholarships and funding to international students who wish to study in the UK.