Eating and drinking in the IC
There is a 72 seat café on Level 0 which sells a wide range of hot and cold food and drinks. . Please note that this is the only place in the IC where you can eat hot food.
Café opening times - Semester
|Monday - Friday||08:30 - 22:00|
|Saturday & Sunday||10:00 - 18:00|
From Monday 15th October, the opening times will be as follows:
|Sunday||opens at 08:00|
|Friday||closes at 23:30|
|Saturday||08:00 - 23:30|
Café opening times - Vacation
|Monday - Friday||09:00 - 15:00|
|Saturday & Sunday||Closed|
There are vending machines available to the rear of the café, behind the counter. These offer hot and cold drinks and snacks and are available 24/7.
Water fountains are available on every floor supplying chilled, filtered water for you to fill up water bottles. Bottled water is allowed anywhere in the building.
Keeping the IC clean
Our Cleaning team work from 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 12pm Saturday and Sunday. As the IC is open 24 hours a day, we sometimes have to close areas off to clean them. Silent areas are cleaned before 8.30am on weekdays to minimise disruption.
We ask that you respect the building and be considerate of others by clearing away your rubbish and recycling waste where possible. We have provided ample waste and recycling bins, as well as cup recycling bins with reservoirs for safely discarding leftover drinks.
- If you do spill something, please do clean it up if you can, otherwise let a member of staff know as soon as possible.
- Please try to leave your space in the state you would like to find it in – tidy up after yourself when you go.
Food and Drink Policy (“Leave no trace”)
We have implemented a food and drink policy that allows you to eat and drink in the IC, within the guidelines set out below.
- Bottled water can be consumed anywhere — water fountains can be found near the toilets.
- Desks with computers are food-free zones — this is to prevent damage to the keyboards.
- Cold drinks, tea and coffee are allowed, provided they are in containers that reduce the risk of spillage (cartons, cans, bottles, flasks, cups with lids etc).
- Cold food is OK — but please avoid eating messy, greasy or smelly food out of consideration for other users.
- Hot food is allowed in the café area on Level 0.
- Please do not arrange to have take-away food delivered to the IC.
- The consumption of alcohol on IC premises is banned at all times.