Juice - The Virgin Pulse Global Challenge (VPGC) is back this May! (formerly Global Corporate Challenge)
Last year 651 staff participated and covered an incredible distance of 340,572 miles in total. This year we are hoping to get even more staff involved in the challenge and maintain our “Most Active Organisation” title.
What is the Virgin Pulse Global Challenge (VPGC)?
The VPGC is available to staff as part of our wider Juice offer and is a fun, and energising programme designed to improve staff wellbeing. As well as improving staff health, the VPGC also helps create engaged and healthy teams by encouraging long-term behavioural change.
How does it work?
• On 24 May staff, in teams of seven, will start a 100 day virtual walking journey around the world.
• Staff will each receive a VPGC Pulse – a 3D accelerometer that uses the same motion sensing technology found in smartphones to accurately track their daily activity.
• Staff will be able to record their daily activity levels via the VPGC website or mobile apps
• The more active a team, the healthier they become and the more instant reward they receive; including progression along a virtual journey of the world, performance stats, pesonalised motivational results videos, trophies and certificates.
• Staff who participate in the challenge will also be able to continue to access the VPGC website for a period of 12 months and participate in additional initiatives such as VPGC nutrition assessments and advice, individual challenges, walking route mapping, ‘meeting on the move’ planner and energy management.
What’s new for 2017?
• A new-look platform but which still helps employees to enjoy the same engaging and life changing journey
• A team feed to help team members celebrate achievements and motivate each other throughout the journey
• Support to employees to achieve their goals via smart notifications
How do I sign up?
The cost for a team is £411
To sign up please complete the form on the Virgin Pulse Global Challenge Website by Friday 28 April: gcvp.co/UniOfSheffield
The cost of team participation MUST be agreed with your Faculty, Department or Line Manager prior to registration. Once registered please contact email@example.com with team name and cost centre. Teams will only be confirmed once a cost centre has been received.
Should you have any queries regarding the VPGC Challenge 2017, please do not hesitate to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org