Health and Safety
The University's activities cover a very wide range of possible hazards to staff and students and to others such as visitors, contractors and the public. Effective control of risks to people´s health and safety is in everyone´s interests and helps prevent the consequences of accidents and ill health, so we must all ensure that our health and safety performance is exemplary.
The University is committed to achieving high standards of protection of the health, safety and welfare everyone who may be affected by our activities and to ensure that everyone:
- understands the University’s organisation and arrangements for health and safety
- understands their own responsibility for health and safety
- carries out their role in accordance with relevant statutory requirements and appropriate codes of practice
- is provided with the information, instruction, training and supervision needed to ensure the health and safety of those affected by what they themselves do or by what they ask to have done for them
- sets a high standard of safety by personal example so that students leaving the University take with them an attitude of mind that expects
good safety practice as normal.
For further information on Health and Safety at the University can be found on the Safety Services website.