There are a number of courses available for managers, to help develop their managerial skills. Some of the courses form the Management Electives for participants on the Sheffield Leader programmes, and these are marked with asterisks. Attendance on these courses is not restricted to Sheffield Leader participants.
- Chair of interview panel training
- Coaching skills for managers *
- Confident communication
- An introduction to financial management and budgeting basics *
- Motivation and managing performance *
- Networking for Results
- Networking for Women
- Positive influencing skills *
- Project Management: The Basics - Part one
- Project Management: The Basics - Part two
- SRDS skills for reviewers *
- Writing an ECA recommendation
Useful guides library
There are a number of guides in the Useful Guides Library which may be of use to managers, and are listed below. These can be accessed from the link on the right. You will be prompted for your username and password, and redirected to an external site.
- A useful guide to assertiveness
- A useful guide to being influential
- A useful guide to delegating
- A useful guide to effective change
- A useful guide to interviewing
- A useful guide to managing meetings
- A useful guide to managing people
- A useful guide to managing performance
- A useful guide to managing projects
- A useful guide to managing teams
- A useful guide to mentoring
- A useful guide to motivating
- A useful guide to PRINCE2
- A useful guide to resolving conflict
Also provided on the right is a link to MindTools, an external provider of a wide range of resources to support personal development. There is a lot of information on this site, and you may find some of it useful. MindTools is not affiliated with the University, and the University does not take responsibility for any of the information on the MindTools website.
You may also find useful information through internet searches.