How To - Questions and Answers
* What does HR do?
- HR undertakes a range of strategic, support and development work and provides services for University staff. In particular it is responsible for:
- Guidance and Support on all employment related matters
- Jobs, Recruitment and Selection
- Staff Development
- Reward and Benefits
- Health and Wellbeing
- Equality and Diversity
- Employee Relations
* How is HR structured?
- HR is split into four teams - Strategy and Governance, HR Operations, Organisational Development, Employee Relations. The work of each team is detailed here: http://www.shef.ac.uk/hr/aboutus/whoweare
* Which committees govern the Department and its work?
- The work of HR is governed by the HRC (Human Resource Committee). The Department also fosters cordial relations with four recognised trade unions, which it engages through the JUCC (Joint Unions Campus Committee). Other University committees also influence the work of the Department. For more information see: www.shef.ac.uk/hr/aboutus/about/governance.
* When can I make an appointment at HR?
- All of our offices are open to visitors and to telephone enquiries between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
* How do I make an appointment at HR?
* Who should I contact to discuss employment matters?
- Your first point of contact should be your Faculty HR Advisers/Assistants: www.shef.ac.uk/hr/aboutus/whoweare/ops.
* Where is HR?
- Human Resources is located in the Arts Tower. Please go to Level 1 Reception when visiting us.
* How do I report my department's SRDS outcomes?
- Each Head of Department and SRDS Co-ordinator will be sent a spreadsheet to complete by HR each summer. Queries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and further information can be found on the SRDS webpages: www.shef.ac.uk/hr/guidance/srds
* How can I access 24-hour counselling for work-related and personal matters?
- helpU is a free, independent and completely confidential 24-hour telephone counselling service for all University staff and their immediate families. Please follow the link below for details:
* How can I find out about the offers and discounts available to University staff?
- A list of offers and discounts is available from the UOffers website: www.shef.ac.uk/hr/reward/mybenefits/uoffers
* How do I join Pay Plus for bikes, childcare, leave or pensions?
- You can find details of these schemes on the Pay Plus website: www.shef.ac.uk/hr/reward/mybenefits/payplus
* How can I find out about the total value of my reward package?
- The University has developed a Total Reward Calculator for this purpose: www.shef.ac.uk/salary-projection/reward_calculator.do