Funding and tuition fees
Funding your research degree
Scholarships from the University of Sheffield and external sources are available for new postgraduates to help cover tuition fees and living expenses.
Potential sources of funding for Arts and Humanities research students include:
- The University of Sheffield
- UK Research Councils including the Arts and Humanities Research Council
- External funding such as charities, foundations and trusts
Other possible sources of funding for current students and post-docs are publicised in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities PGR funding opportunities bulletin produced by Research and Innovation Services. Examples include:
- Small research grants and bursaries
- Research fellowships
- Dissertation fellowships
- Field scholarships
- Travel and expenses grants
- Prizes for scholarly work
Research students pay full tuition fees for the duration of their normal period of registration. Tuition fees are collected at the beginning of each year.
Fees are charged at Home and Overseas rates.