Current Notifications - May Bank Holidays 2013
The arrangements for closing buildings for both Bank Holiday dates in May are as follows:
The majority of buildings will be closed and locked for the Bank Holiday and re-open at 8am the following day ie Tuesday 7 and Tuesday 28 May 2013.
Normal ‘out of hours’ procedures will be in place for access to buildings. All essential staff requiring access must have already attended out of hours training and departments are strongly advised to complete a risk assessment for activities that are being undertaken.
Details of exceptions and changes to services are as follows:
Estates and Facilities Management (EFM)
- Security Services will operate the usual service at both campus and residences locations throughout. Any access queries during the Bank Holiday should be directed to the Control Room on 0114 222 4085.
- Firth Court, Sir Frederick Mappin Building and North Campus will be accessible and staffed by portering staff throughout. Information Commons will be open as usual and staffed by the concierge team.
- EFM Helpdesk will be closed and the normal ‘out of hours’ procedures should be followed in case of emergency www.shef.ac.uk/efm/helpdesk
- On call arrangements will be in operation throughout the period and will be co-ordinated by Campus Control (ext 24085).
- Sport Sheffield - all facilities will be closed on Monday 6 and Monday 27 May.
Library and IT Services
The Bank Holiday opening hours for the libraries and Information Commons can be found at http://www.shef.ac.uk/library
Food and Cafe Outlets
The Information Commons and The Edge cafe will be open as usual. All other outlets will be closed. For more information, visit www.withUS.com/eat
Santander Bank (Students' Union)
Will be closed on these dates.
Director of Estates and Facilities Management