Chinese Proficiency Test, HSK/HSKK
汉语水平考试 / 汉语水平口语考试
The HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi), which is organised by OCLCI (Hanban), is an international standardised Chinese language test to measure the ability of non-native Chinese speakers to communicate in Chinese in daily lives, academic and working settings.
HSK and HSKK (HSK Specking) are open to all ages. Two independent parts: written test and oral test, can be taken separately.
HSK and HSKK test dates 2016:
(1). Sunday 20 March 2016, for both HSK and HSKK
(2). Sunday 12 June 2015, for HSK
(3). Sunday 4 December 2016, for both HSK and HSKK
Registration deadline: One month before the test date.
Register online via 汉语考试服务网：http://www.chinesetest.cn/getkdinfo.do?id=147
AND make payment via University Online Store, or by cheque payable to "University of Sheffield".
Examination fee for HSK (Written Test):
HSK1: £10; HSK2: £20; HSK3: £30; HSK4: £40; HSK5: £50; HSK6: £60
Examination fee for HSKK (Oral Test):
HSKK Basic: £15; HSKK Intermediate: £25; HSKK Advance: £35
Cheque can also be accepted, payable to: "University of Sheffield" and posted to CI office, 5 Shearwood Road, Sheffield S10 2TD
The New HSK comprises six levels from HSK-Level 1 to HSK-Level 6:
- HSK-Level 1: Test takers who reach HSK-Level 1 can understand and use simple words and sentences to fulfill specific communication needs and have a foundation for the further study of Chinese.
- HSK-Level 2: Test takers who reach HSK-Level 2 can communicate simply and directly on daily topics they are familiar with. Level 2 have reached the advanced stage of beginner level.
- HSK-Level 3: Test takes who reach HSK-Level 3 can complete basic communication tasks in daily life, study and work. If travelling in China, Level 3 can handle most communication tasks they encounter.
- HSK-Level 4: Test takers who reach HSK-Level 4 can discuss a relatively wide range of topics in Chinese and are able to communcate with native speaker.
- HSK-Level 5: Test takers who reach HSK-Level 5 can read Chinese newspapers and magazines, appreciate Chinese films and television, and are able to write and deliver a full speech.
- HSK-Level 6: Test takers who reach HSK-Level 6 can easily understand what they read and listen, and express themselves fluently in written and oral Chinese.
The list below shows the level of vocabulary expected for the different levels.
- Level 1: 150
- Level 2: 300
- Level 3: 600
- Level 4: 1200
- Level 5: 2500
- Level 6: >=5000
HSKK can be divided into three levels of HSKK (Basic), HSKK (Intermediate and HSKK (Advanced). Test takers on-site performance will be recorded.
HSKK 包括 HSKK (初级), HSKK (中级) and HSKK (高级) ，考试采用录音形式。
General correlations between HSK and HSKK:
- HSK (Basic)-- HSK Level 1 and Level 2.
- HSK (Intermediate)-- HSK Level 3 and Level 4.
- HSK (Advanced) -- HSK Level 5 and Level 6.
Syllabus, Sample Papers and Online Practice 网上资源
More sample papers, transcripts, audio recordings and additional material are available at the Institute Resource Centre.
For more information, please contact us.
email : email@example.com