Advantages of this MSc
Whether you are a recent graduate wishing to specialise in water engineering or a professional already employed in the field wishing to enhance your skills and gain a qualification through part-time study, this MSc course has the following key features which offer you a significant advantage in developing your career.
- The only MSc course focused on the engineering and management of urban water infrastructure, the foundation of our societies and increasingly recognised as an area in need of significant investment and development to mitigate future environmental pressures such as climate change and population growth.
- Significant industry input in course development, module content, teaching and dissertation projects, ensuring you gain the relevant knowledge, practical skills and experience that employers need, to maximise your career opportunities.
- Instruction by internationally recognised lecturers from the Pennine Water Group, academia and our industry partners, ensuring you have high-quality tuition by experienced practitioners.
- Research-led teaching, drawing on the extensive and internationally-leading applied research undertaken by the Pennine Water Group, which ensures that module content remains up to date with the newest developments in the field.
- Flexible study format, offering you the possibility to study full time or part time (over 2-3 years) for qualifications leading to Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma or MSc.
- Block taught delivery of modules, with web-based distance learning, making it easier for employed students to design a study programme around their work schedule.
- Sequenced programme of modules which provide structured learning to consolidate your understanding and maximise your personal development during the course.
- First-class learning environment, combining dedicated teaching space and innovative IT support with state-of-the-art experimental and analytical facilities.