Advantages of this MSc
Whether you are a recent graduate wishing to move into this field or a professional already employed in the water or environmental management industry wishing to enhance your skills and gain a qualification through part-time study, this MSc course has the following key features which offer you a significant advantage in developing your career.
- A broad-based qualification offering you flexibility to pursue a career in the field of environmental management or environmental engineering, with emphasis on urban land and water issues, where there is significant growth in employment opportunities which is expected to increase in the future.
- Significant industry input in course development, module content, teaching and dissertation projects, ensuring you gain the relevant knowledge, experience and practical skills that employers need, to maximise your career opportunities.
- Instruction by internationally recognised lecturers from the Groundwater Protection and Restoration Group, Pennine Water Group, academia and our industry partners, ensuring you have high-quality tuition by experienced practitioners.
- Research-led teaching, drawing on the extensive and internationally-leading applied research undertaken by the Groundwater Protection and Restoration Group and Pennine Water Group, which ensures that module content remains up to date with the newest developments in the field.
- Integration of MSc modules with our highly-respected Geological Society-endorsed Continuing Professional Development short courses, offering unrivalled opportunity to learn from leading industry practitioners and network with professionals in the field.
- Flexible study format, offering you the possibility to study full time or part time (over 2-3 and 5 years) for qualifications leading to Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma or MSc.
- Block taught delivery of modules, with web-based distance learning, making it easier for employed students to design a study programme around their work schedule.
- Sequenced programme of modules which provide structured learning to consolidate your understanding and maximise your personal development during the course.
- Flexibility, through optional modules, to tailor your study programme to suit your specific interests or career development needs.
- First-class learning environment, combining dedicated teaching space and innovative IT support with state-of-the-art experimental and analytical facilities.