Out of Office (Vacation) Message Facility
You can set up an Out-of-Office Autoreply facility in Google Mail settings that will automatically reply to anyone who emails you. While the autoreply is enabled, Google will send a response to anyone who contacts you. If that person contacts you again after four days and your autoreply is still enabled, Google Mail will send another reply to remind the person that you're away from your email. Messages classified as spam and messages addressed to a mailing list you subscribe to will not receive a response.
To set up an Out-of-Office Autoreply:
- Log into MUSE and click Google Mail to access your email
- Click the top-right cog icon and select Mail settings
- Scroll down to the Out-of-Office Autoreply section
- Click the option to switch Out of Office AutoReply on
- Provide a start date and end date
- Provide a subject and message
- Leave both 'Only send a response...' options unticked, unless you have good reason not to. If you don't generally use the Gmail web interface your contacts may be empty and restricting responses to your contacts might mean that no-none receives an autoreply!
- Scroll down and click the Save Changes button
Your Out of Office autoreply will become activated on your specified start date. It will deactivate on the specified end date but you can return to your mail settings at any time and manually deactivate the autoreply.