Sign up to our e-news, available on the right to find out about recruiting talented University of Sheffield students or graduates.
Register and submit your vacancies to our database which is used by thousands of employers to promote opportunities to students and graduates of the University of Sheffield. This FREE service enables you to promote:
|graduate jobs||part-time work||summer internships|
|year long placements||vacation work||voluntary work|
By using myVacancies you can quickly and easily:
- post job adverts 24/7 including details about your organisation, its vacancies, relevant links to your website and how and when to apply
- modify your entries to ensure they remain up-to-date
- monitor viewings of your advertisements
- keep informed about other ways in which we can help with your recruitment
- distribute your entries to other universities who use ProspectsNet (charges apply)
Click here to register and submit your vacancies.
T: 0114 2220900
Our Student Jobshop
If you are promoting opportunities for undergraduates, our Student Jobshop team will ensure that your vacancies are displayed in our popular, heavily-used Student Jobshop and advertised on myVacancies.
Jobs for students can be offered on a long-term or temporary basis. Students are often prepared to work the hours other employees may not wish to work, e.g. evenings and weekends and they are also very interested in vacancies which can help them make the most of their vacation periods. A number of courses at the University of Sheffield also offer students the opportunity to benefit from a year-out in industry as part of their course (a ‘Degree with Employment Experience’).
Important: Students can work full-time during vacations, however, we advise those on full-time courses to work a maximum of 16 hours per week during term-time.
Contact the Student Jobshop
T: 0114 222 0940
Online Proforma - for one off part-time or work experience vacancies. If you wish to advertise with us on a regular basis, please use our myVacancies service.
Recruitment agencies can find out more about using myVacancies to advertise vacancies on behalf of their clients here.
If you are looking to give even more exposure to your vacancies, myProfile+ is a package which enables you to give an extra boost to your recruitment campaign by giving you a higher profile across campus over a period of one week. In addition to posting your opportunities on myVacancies, this includes:
- an advertisement on the Careers Service plasma screen
- an announcement on the myVacancies Jobseeker dashboard including a link to your website
- a posting on the Careers Service Twitter and Facebook accounts for students/graduates
The cost of myProfile+ is £25 + VAT per week.
Employer of the Month
You can enhance student awareness of your organisation and its opportunities by becoming our Employer of the Month. In addition to posting your opportunities on myVacancies, the package includes:
- promotion of your Employer of the Month status on the Careers Service website, including a logo and web link
- distribution of your recruitment literature via the Careers Service and Student Jobshop
- an advertisement on the plasma screen in the Careers Service for the month
- an announcement on the myVacancies Jobseeker dashboard including a weblink
- postings on the Careers Service Twitter account and Facebook page for students and graduates each week during your Month.
The cost of being our employer of the month is £200 + VAT.
This publication is produced annually by GTI for the University of Sheffield and has a print run of over 6000. If you would like your organisation to be seen alongside some of the top employers who target the University of Sheffield, advertise in our next edition by clicking here to download the booking form or call 01491 826262.
Holding interviews on-campus
The Careers Service has a room available for use by employers in our centrally located offices, year-round.
Note that use of our service is governed by our 'Policy for the Promotion of Employers and their Opportunities', available to download from the right hand menu.