Dr Louise Robson
Senior Lecturer & Chief UCAS Selector
Department of Biomedical Science
The University of Sheffield
Sheffield S10 2TN
Room: B2 223 (B2 221 - Lab) Alfred Denny building
Telephone: +44 (0) 114 222 4688
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2003 - present: Senior Lecturer, University of Sheffield
- 1996 - 2003 Lecturer: University of Sheffield
- 1992 - 1996: Postdoctoral research Dep. of Physiology, University of Leeds
- 1989 - 1992: PhD Dep. of Physiology, University of Leeds
Our research is focused on the role of ion channels in the physiology and pathophysiology of epithelial cells, particularly renal, intestinal and airway cells. In the kidney our work has concentrated on the role of K+ channels and the K+ channel regulator KCNE1. In collaboration with R Muimo (Medical School) we also have a particular interest in cystic fibrosis and the role of CFTR in airway, gut and kidney.
Activities and distinctions
- 2002 Physiological Society Biller Prize
- Chair of the Physiological Society Education Committee
- Active in Outreach and Access work in schools
- Lecturer for the Royal Institution
- Winner of "Best overall lecturer in BMS 2008"
- Senate Award for Excellence in Learning and Teaching 2009
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- Medical Research Council
- National Kidney Research Fund
- University Devolved Funding
- University of Sheffield Endowed Scholarship
- Wellcome Trust
- Davies JP, Robson L.
Pharmacological properties and physiological function of a P2X-like current in single proximal tubule cells isolated from frog kidney.
J Membr Biol. 2010 237:79-91. Epub 2010 Oct 23.
- Laycock S, Taylor HC, Haigh C, Lee AT, Cooper GJ, Ong AC, Robson L.
A novel dephosphorylation-activated conductance in a mouse renal collecting duct cell line.
Exp Physiol. 2009 Aug;94(8):914-27. Epub 2009 May 8.
- Borthwick LA, Neal A, Hobson L, Gerke V, Robson L, Muimo R.
The annexin 2-S100A10 complex and its association with TRPV6 is regulated by cAMP/PKA/CnA in airway and gut epithelia.
Cell Calcium. 2008 44:147-57.
- L.A. Borthwick, J. McGaw, G. Conner, C.J. Taylor, V. Gerke, A. Mehta, L. Robson & R. Muimo.
The formation of the cAMP/PKA-dependent annexin 2-S100A10 complex with CFTR regulates CFTR channel function.
Mol. Biol. Cell, 2007, 18:3388-97