Professor Elizabeth Smythe
Professor of Molecular Cell Biology
Department of Biomedical Science
The University of Sheffield
Sheffield S10 2TN
Room: C09 Florey building
Telephone: +44 (0) 114 222 4635
email : email@example.com
- 2002-present: Professor of Molecular Cell Biology, University of Sheffield
- 1992-2002: MRC Senior Fellow and Principal Investigator, Wellcome Trust BioCentre, University of Dundee
- 1989-1992: NATO/SERC postdoctoral fellow, The Scripps Research Institute, California
- 1986-1989: Postdoctoral research assistant, University of Dundee.
- 1986: PhD, Trinity College, Dublin
- 1982: B.A. (Mod), Trinity College, Dublin
Our lab is interested in the molecular mechanisms of cargo sorting along the endocytic pathway with particular emphasis on the regulation of the clathrin coated vesicle cycle by rab5 and reversible phosphorylation. We are also interested in the interplay between endocytic trafficking and signaling pathways.
- the Faculty of 1000 (2001-)
- the Editorial Board of the Biochemical Journal (2004-2007) Renewed (2007-2011)
- the MRC College of Experts (2006-2010)
- Executive Secretary of the British Society for Cell Biology (2006-2011)
- Fürthauer M & Smythe E (2014) Systems dynamics in endocytosis. Traffic, 15(3), 338-346.
- Ferreira F, Foley M, Cooke A, Cunningham M, Smith G, Woolley R, Henderson G, Kelly E, Mundell S & Smythe E (2012) Endocytosis of G protein-coupled receptors is regulated by clathrin light chain phosphorylation.. Curr Biol, 22(15), 1361-1370.
- Dang P, Smythe E & Furley AJ (2012) TAG1 regulates the endocytic trafficking and signaling of the semaphorin3A receptor complex.. J Neurosci, 32(30), 10370-10382.
- Wright VM, Zeidler MP, Vogt KL & Smythe E (2011) Differential activities of the Drosophila JAK/STAT pathway ligands Upd, Upd2 and Upd3. Cellular Signalling, 23(5), 920-927.
- Montagnac G, de Forges H, Smythe E, Gueudry C, Romao M, Salamero J & Chavrier P (2011) Decoupling of Activation and Effector Binding Underlies ARF6 Priming of Fast Endocytic Recycling. Current Biology.
- Montagnac G, De Forges H, Romao M, Salamero J, Chavrier P, Gueudry C & Smythe E (2011) Decoupling of activation and effector binding underlies ARF6 priming of fast endocytic recycling. Current Biology, 21(7), 574-579.
- Wright VM, Vogt KL, Smythe E & Zeidler MP (2011) Differential activities of the Drosophila JAK/STAT pathway ligands Upd, Upd2 and Upd3.. Cell Signal, 23(5), 920-927.